Business Development Director - London
Glisser socialises presentations. Our goal is to revolutionise the way presentations are made around the world, transforming them from one-directional lectures into two-way conversations with true audience participation.
We’re building a business around event technology that is simple to set up, easy for audiences to access and understand, and ‘just works’. We’re challenging existing audience response options and event apps, but mostly looking to develop market share from the thousands of events that take place with just plain old PowerPoint and a clicker.
In just over two years we’ve built decent brand recognition in the UK event industry, and have won contracts with some big, blue-chip names including the likes of Microsoft and Visa. We’re looking to hire an experienced business development expert to take this up another notch or five.
- Discover new clients, or use your existing relationships with event planners and meetings professionals to rapidly grow the Glisser customer base.
- Creatively generate and nurture leads using online marketing, telephone and face-to-face skills, to build up a strong pipeline of interested prospects, and convert them into happy customers.
- Be commercially savvy in all things, not least in closing deals, and selling-in a disruptive product to large organisations.
- Add energy and dynamism to the Glisser team, and act as a figurehead for Glisser’s presence at industry events.
- Listen to our prospective customers, to understand their needs and concerns, and use these to direct the development team in creating a better and better product.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a sales/business development role, ideally in event technology or marketing services .
- You are self-motivated, but can work in a team. While you are individually driven, focussed, and have perseverance in spades, you also enjoy being a key person in a bigger group, together racing towards a shared goal.
- You are good with people from all walks of life – from technically minded developers to creative event organisers, and have a skill for bringing their expertise together to create awesome results.
Package & Perks:
- We offer a competitive salary supplemented by an excellent commission package with a good slug of share options, at a company valuation that allows you to get into an ambitious start-up planning Series A.
- We’re not about micro-management – you’ll get a huge amount of control over when and how you work if it helps you deliver results.
- We’re a passionate team who will work hard alongside you, getting our hands dirty. We’re really just shaping the company culture, so your personality will help determine the place that you work.
- We promise, above all, to be nice people to work with.